Top 5 Verses For Facing Fear
Facing Fear Series Intro: Everyone deals with fear on some level. I decided to open up and share some experiences I have had in the past, and I’m hoping you’ll benefit. Grab your coffee and click the link to join me! I am excited to wrap up my Facing Fear blog series with my Top 5 Verses For Facing Fear.
Counting down from # 5…
5) Luke 1:37 & 38 “And the Angel replied to her… “For with God nothing (is or ever) shall be impossible.” Then Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; may it be done to me according toy your word.“”
I love using this verse to face fear, because I can think of two things. 1. God can do the impossible things. The things that our natural bodies cannot do. The things our culture won’t understand. There is no explanation besides the power of God being the reason for the miracle. 2. Mary’s response can be my response, “Even though this is impossible, and no one has ever obeyed and it end up looking like this before, God let your word be established in my life.”
4) Philippians 4:13 “I know how to be abashed, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
I can use this verse in ANY SEASON and ANY SITUATION because Paul covered it all! In abashedness or abounding, hungry or full. Abashed means to destroy the self-confidence, poise, to be embarrassed, or ashamed. Abounding means to be plentiful, generous and abundant. In any season or situation, I can face fear knowing that Christ is there to strengthen me! When I keep my mind and heart in the Word of God and on His ways, I can (with unending grace) obey and do the right thing even when it’s emotionally draining, mentally exhausting, relationally taxing, when the bills aren’t covered, and both cars break down. (Literally, been there! I had to wake my almost two-year old at 3:30am to drive my husband to Costco for work. Jesus the wheel!)
3) Isaiah 26:3 &4 “You will keep in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” AND (secret combo verse!) Psalms 127:2 “It is vain of you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrow; For so he gives His beloved sleep.”
These two verses are my secret weapon at night, when my mind won’t stop racing about what I said yesterday, or what I am going to say tomorrow. Worrying is the opposite of faith, so I choose to say these verses and pray them to focus my heart and my mind. No amount of worrying will fix the past, or change my future. Havilah Cunnington (a pastor at Bethel church) once said “The best way to fight the devil, is to get a good nights sleep.” I believed that to be true before I heard it said like that. In the middle of difficult situations, ask the Lord for discernment when you can’t sleep, if you are to be awake late at night to worship and pray about a situation, or if you are to trust and sleep. If you don’t know the answer, pray and worship! You’ll be able to sleep once you “cast your cares on Him,” and remember that “He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
2) Romans 8:37 & 38 “Yet in all things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height more depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
I love this verse for two reasons: First I am reminded that no matter what my imperfections are, and how many times I get it wrong, God is always going to love me. He will not forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:8). Second, no matter what I face criticism, accusations, judgement, persecution, nothing is worse than being without the love of God, and no amount of pain can separate us. I am not alone and I know I can win in the end! Because…
1) 1 John 4:4 “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because HE who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
Greater is HE! That is in me! Than he that is in the world! I can face anything, because my God is great. My God is powerful. My God is in charge and in control. My God is strong enough to carry me through any storm and strong enough to stop the storm. My God is a rock I can lean on, a shelter where I find rest, a heart that can hold me and a force that compares to none! “He has no rival! He has no equal!” (Mine and my sons favorite worship song right now. Thank you Hillsong.)
If you find yourself in a situation that causes you to have anxiety, worry, or are scared, post these verses on social media, your door/wall, write them on your mirror, make them your phone screen! Get these words inside your head, so they can be buried deep into your heart. There is power in these verses. Power that you can walk in when facing fear! Does that make sense?
THANK YOU SO MUCH for following along in the series, I hope you were encouraged! Please feel free to respond or let me know how you were blessed through this series. Continue to pray for the courage to face fear and SHARE THIS POST! See you next weekend!