5 Verses To Stand On When Believing For A Miracle
I am so grateful to everyone who read, shared, or commented on last weeks post. God has truly been so good to my family, that even though dad faced death, we saw first hand how prayers can sustain us and change things in tough times. As the praise reports and prayer requests have been coming in response to the post, I have been trying to decide what kind of content should follow such an impacting story like my dad’s accident. As I thought more about it this week, I thought it to be appropriate to paused the post I have scheduled, to share with you some of the amazing stories of intercession “behind the scenes” that reached Heaven’s ear, as we waited for a miracle. There are so many details about the danger, the drama, and the hope in the middle of this accident that were not included in last weeks blog post. I am still collecting the stories from those who were involved or who heard about it and prayed. (Partially because I think someone should make a movie out of this, but mostly because WOW! God did a miracle and how could I not be grateful and share the story of His goodness?!)
Having grown up in a Christian home I believed prayer worked, but I saw it up-close during this experience. In efforts to show how close God was in the moment and how God’s people came together, here are a few things that happened that we did not know about until after the accident…
- One story comes from a camp for diabetic kids in the Frank Church Wilderness area. They were scheduled to go horseback riding in a meadow, but due to the horses being spooked from the helicopter circulating, their ride was cancelled. They decided to pray for the man the helicopters were helping. Prayers were going before the Throne of Grace from the very beginning!
- When my nana heard about my dad having an accident, being led by the Holy Spirit, she immediately started praying for his spleen. (He wasn’t even in the hospital yet, to have confirmation that his spleen needed such acute healing. This was also the first organ that began to heal. Sometimes Grandma’s just know, right?!)
- Our friend Alan, was a marine in Iraq that same day as the accident. He was guarding a church and heard them praying inside for the horseman.
- Mission Media, a company dedicated to support churches in a variety of different ways, helped spread the prayer requests. In fact, they created a number for people to call in to get updates as my dads recovery progressed, so they could pray in unity and see Gods hand of healing in real-time.
- One intercessor said they had a vision of dad on the mountain and began to pray. What we learned later, was that there were two other pastors who had died that same week and a third pastor who was life flighted to the hospital for heart conditions, all from the same area. God was speaking to this intercessor and stirring them to pray for protection over the leaders in the Treasure Valley. God has great plans for this area, indeed!
This small list of stories gives me so much hope. When something goes wrong in life, I believe there are still people who know what to do. And that is, pray! So often we (I am including myself here!), we will create our check lists, our budgets, and make our plans because we prefer practical steps and in fact will minimize the spiritual tools we have been given to live an abundant life while here on this Earth. Friends, be encouraged! Be challenged! Prayers move mountains! Prayers start miracles! Prayers give strength to the weak, sustain the weary, birth momentum for breakthrough, and dads accident was no exception!
If you find yourself in the middle of a difficult situation, facing a health problem, a financial problem, or if you need a breakthrough in your life to change a bad habit and overcome sin, here are some of my favorite verses to stand on. (And by “Stand On” I mean: put on sticky notes for my bathroom mirror, or in the kitchen so I can see them, read them, think about them and pray them until the season transitions…)
- “No weapon formed against me shall prosper.“ Isaiah 54:17 (Remember they will form! But they shall not prosper as we obey the Lord.)
- “My God shall supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
- “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength“ Philippians 4:13
- “Jesus told them, “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.“ Matthew 17:20
- “Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness. So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.“ 2 Corinthians 12:9-11
If you are in need of a miracle, please comment below or message me! I would love to pray for you and hear how God’s power touches your life. God hears the prayers of His people. Prayer does work. God does do miracles in our day. God loves you so much and He will never leave you. Below is a prayer I posted on my social media platforms this last week for those who are in need of a miracle, and for those who faced an obstacle and instead of recieving a miracle, experienced loss. I hope you will listen to it and that the sweet presence of God fills your heart and brings peace to your mind, wherever you are right now. If God does a miracle in your life, let me know! I am sincerely believing for it. Be blessed friends. x